Friday, September 27, 2024

Keiynan Lonsdale

Something special for "music night" this evening at The Wild Reed. . . .

It’s the beautiful music video for Nigerian-Australian singer-songwriter Keiynan Lonsdale’s recently released “piano version” of his 2018 song, “Kiss the Boy.” (To hear the original version and view its music video, click here.)

I don’t know about you, but I much prefer – musically and vsually – this latest version of Lonsdale’s “Kiss the Boy” . . .




. . . I’m scared to show just how I feel
’Cause people talk
Don’t want to worry ’bout whatever
Just got to know your deal
See, half the time I’m wondering if this is real
Why not say somethings on my mind if I feel love
But when the moments right I freeze
That’s how I know my heart is his

If you want to kiss the boy
Then you better kiss the boy right now
You ain’t got to be afraid of the words you want to say right now
’Cause love is a game we deserve to play out loud
So you want to play then you better kiss the boy
Oh, you better kiss the boy right now

. . . I might not say the one thing on my mind cause it’s too tough
But we lose our chance when we don’t try
On second thought yeah, I think I might

. . . Don’t want to hide, don’t want to hide
Most of my life I’ve been terrified
Spending my days always questioning
Am I wrong to love a man
I realise I realise ain’t gotta hide this heart of mine
I’m gonna fight just to let you know to open
Your light and let it glow

So if you want to kiss the boy then you
Better kiss the boy right now (Oh, yeah)
You ain’t gotta be afraid of the words you
Want to say right now (You gotta say it, baby)
’Cause love is a game we deserve to
Play out loud (We deserve our love)
So if you want to play then you better kiss the boy
Oh, you better kiss the boy right now
If you want to kiss the boy
Then you better kiss the boy right now


For a “behind-the-scenes” look at the making
of the above music video, click here.



Related Off-site Links:
Keiynan Lonsdale on His Single, “Kiss the Boy” – Rose Riddell (Coup de Main Magazine, May 29, 2018).
Keiynan Lonsdale Performs Hits from Rainbow Boy on Billboard Live at-HomeBillboard (October 11, 2020).

Previously featured musicians at The Wild Reed:
Dusty Springfield | David Bowie | Kate Bush | Maxwell | Buffy Sainte-Marie | Prince | Frank Ocean | Maria Callas | Loreena McKennitt | Rosanne Cash | Petula Clark | Wendy Matthews | Darren Hayes | Jenny Morris | Gil Scott-Heron | Shirley Bassey | Rufus Wainwright | Kiki Dee | Suede | Marianne Faithfull | Dionne Warwick | Seal | Sam Sparro | Wanda Jackson | Engelbert Humperdinck | Pink Floyd | Carl Anderson | The Church | Enrique Iglesias | Yvonne Elliman | Lenny Kravitz | Helen Reddy | Stephen Gately | Judith Durham | Nat King Cole | Emmylou Harris | Bobbie Gentry | Russell Elliot | BØRNS | Hozier | Enigma | Moby (featuring the Banks Brothers) | Cat Stevens | Chrissy Amphlett | Jon Stevens | Nada Surf | Tom Goss (featuring Matt Alber) | Autoheart | Scissor Sisters | Mavis Staples | Claude Chalhoub | Cass Elliot | Duffy | The Cruel Sea | Wall of Voodoo | Loretta Lynn and Jack White | Foo Fighters | 1927 | Kate Ceberano | Tee Set | Joan Baez | Wet, Wet, Wet | Stephen “Tin Tin” Duffy | Fleetwood Mac | Jane Clifton | Australian Crawl | Pet Shop Boys | Marty Rhone | Josef Salvat | Kiki Dee and Carmelo Luggeri | Aquilo | The Breeders | Tony Enos | Tupac Shakur | Nakhane Touré | Al Green | Donald Glover/Childish Gambino | Josh Garrels | Stromae | Damiyr Shuford | Vaudou Game | Yotha Yindi and The Treaty Project | Lil Nas X | Daby Touré | Sheku Kanneh-Mason | Susan Boyle | D’Angelo | Little Richard | Black Pumas | Mbemba Diebaté | Judie Tzuke | Seckou Keita | Rahsaan Patterson | Black | Ash Dargan | ABBA | The KLF and Tammy Wynette | Luke James and Samoht | Julee Cruise | Olivia Newton-John | Dyllón Burnside | Christine McVie | Rita Coolidge | Bettye LaVette | Burt Bacharach | Kimi Djabaté | Benjamin Booker | Tina Turner | Julie Covington | Midist/Wasim | Durrand Bernarr | Cold Play


No comments: