Thursday, November 25, 2021

Saaxiib Qurux Badan


Somewhere in between
the darkness and the dream
I’ll be there when you call
Soft and low when you think nobody knows
When you think nobody knows

I will follow you down
to the place you never show
I’ll take your darkest day
We’ll go to the other side
to where the shadows hide
We’ll see how deep the sorrow goes
We’ll see how deep the sorrow flows

Let it go
We’ll let it go

– From “Follow You Down”
by Wendy Matthews and Kim Richey;
(from Wendy’s 2013 album,
The Welcome Fire)


NEXT:
I Need Do Nothing . . .
I Am Open to the Living Light


See also the previous Wild Reed posts:
• Just One Wish
• Saaxiib Qurux Badan – June 29, 2021
• Blue Yonder
• Saaxiib Qurux Badan – June 24, 2021
• What We Crave
• Skylight
• “So You Can Only See Beautiful Things”
• November Musings
• Saaxiib Qurux Badan – November 18, 2020
• Today I Will Be Still
• Adnan in Morning Light
• It’s You
• The Landscape Is a Mirror
• Out and About – Spring 2020
• Family Time in Guruk . . . and Glimpses of Somaliland
• Somalia Bound
• My Love, “Return to the Root of the Root of Your Own Soul”
• Saaxiib Qurux Badan – July 14, 2019
• Adnan . . . Amidst Mississippi Reflections and Forest Green
• Adnan . . . with Sunset Reflections and Jet Trail
• Saaxiib Qurux Badan – April 16, 2019
• In This In-Between Time
• Saaxiib Qurux Badan – March 29, 2019

Image: Saaxiib Qurux Badan (“Beautiful Friend”), Minneapolis, MN – Michael J. Bayly (11/25/21).


No comments: