Friday, September 29, 2017

St. Michael, "Wave Maker"

That's how an RN at work described St. Michael the Archangel. I have no idea what she meant by this description, but she said it after she heard my name and after I told her that today was St. Michael's feast day.

Oh, and it was just before I was about to go and see a patient in my role as resident chaplain. I'd visited this patient, a young man recovering from addiction issues, a number of times before. According to the RN with whom I briefly engaged outside the patient's door, I was a "hit." Hopefully that meant I was making a difference in this young man's life.

Hmm . . . maybe that's what she meant by "wave maker"?


For more of St. Michael the Archangel at The Wild Reed, see:
The Archangel Michael as Gay Icon
St. Michael the Archangel: Perspectives and Portraits
Michaelmas (2008)
St. Michael: Archangel, Spiritual Warrior, Icon of Homoerotic Love
The Inherent Sensuality of Roman Catholicism

Image: St. Michael the Archangel by Br. Mickey McGrath (via Trinity Stores).


No comments: