I don’t ever want to hear “this is not who we are” ever again.
This is very clearly who half of us are.
– Myke Cole
November 3, 2020
November 3, 2020
Related Off-site Links:
Millions of White Voters Are Once Again Showing Who They Are – Brandon Tensley (CNN Politics, November 4, 2020).
We Now Know What America Is – Andrew Mitrovica (Common Dreams, November 4, 2020).
A Large Portion of the Electorate Chose the Sociopath – Tom Nichols (The Atlantic, November 4, 2020).
Exit Polls Point to the Power of White Patriarchy – Charles M. Blow (The Baltimore Sun, November 5, 2020).
If Donald Trump Wins a Second Term, Blame White People – Brittany Cooper (TIME, November 4, 2020).
Making Sense of the Morning After – Libby Anne (Patheos, November 4, 2020).
The Media Has It Wrong. Record Latinx Turnout Helped Biden. White Voters Failed Dems – Democracy Now! (November 5, 2020).
America’s Problem Is That White People Want It to Be a Failed State – Umair Haque (Eudaimonia & Co, November 1, 2020).
Blaming Trump Is Too Easy: This Is Us – MSNBC News (August 5, 2019).
UPDATES: Chilling Scences: Guns Seen Outside Vote-Counting Centers as Trump Supporters March With Weapons – Tim Sullivan and Adam Geller (Associated Press News, November 7, 2020).
Trump’s Effort to Steal Election and Sow National Chaos Is Taking Place in Broad Daylight – Jon Queally (Common Dreams, November 7, 2020).
Donald Trump's Refusal to Concede Is No Joke – It's a Dangerous Precedent – Nesrine Malik (The Guardian, November 16, 2020).
Trump's Election Power Play: Persuade Republican Legislators to Do What U.S. Voters Did Not – Michael Martina, Karen Freifeld, and Jarrett Renshaw (Rueters, November 19, 2020).
Could Trump Defy Popular Vote By Halting Voter Certification? – Jessica Lee (Snopes, November 19, 2020).
The Coup Stage of Donald Trump’s Presidency – Masha Gessen (The New Yorker, November 20, 2020).
Judge Rejects Last-Minute Claim That Pence Can Ignore States’ Presidential Electors – Matthew S. Schwartz and Barbara Campbell (NPR News, January 1, 2021).
See also the previous Wild Reed posts:
• Trump’s Playbook
• Progressive Perspectives on the Rise of Donald Trump
• Progressive Perspectives on the Election of Donald Trump
• On International Human Rights Day, Saying “No” to Donald Trump and His Fascist Agenda
• Trump's America: Normalized White Supremacy and a Rising Tide of Racist Violence
• Global Condemnation for Trump's Latest Ignorant and Racist Comments
• Fascism Is Upon Us
• “We Have an Emergency On Our Hands”: Marianne Williamson On the “Freefall” of American Democracy
• “The Republican Party Has Now Made It Official: They Are a Cult”
• Election Eve Thoughts
• Election Day USA, 2020
• We Cannot Allow a Biden Win to Mean a Return to “Brunch Liberalism”
• “Now Is the Time to Reaffirm Our Belief in Democracy”
Image 1: President Donald Trump’s last rally before the 2020 election in Grand Rapids, Mich., on Nov. 3, 2020. (Photo: Peter van Agtmael / Magnum Photos for TIME)
Image 2: Donald Trump. (Photo: Reuters / David Becker)
Post a Comment