Friday, December 21, 2007

Mmm, That Sweet Surrender

Friday nights are often “music night” here at The Wild Reed, and tonight for your listening (and viewing) pleasure I present, courtesy of YouTube, the video for the 1989 song “Sweet Surrender” by Scottish pop group, Wet Wet Wet.

“Sweet Surrender,” as sang by the band’s lead vocalist Marti Pellow, is a joyous celebration of vulnerability to love and the sweet and intoxicating sensation of surrendering to one’s beloved. Watching Marti perform this song never fails to bring a smile to my face. He looks so totally enraptured. Maybe he really was in love at the time!

Anyway, enjoy this delicious slice of eighties pop!




One look is all it took
to remember that sweet surrender.
I recall, do you,
that sweet surrender?

Yeah, all it took was one look, one glance
to set my heart for romance.
Do you believe my sweet,
my sweet surrender?


For more music on The Wild Reed, visit:
The Wild Ones
Saturday Night
Engelbert Humperdinck: Not That Easy to Forget
Yeah, Baby, Yeah!
Rules and Regulations – Rufus Style
The Man I Love
Fleetwood Mac’s “Seven Wonders” – My Theme Song for 1987
Crackerjack Man
All at Sea
The Beauty and Wisdom of Rosanne Cash
Actually, I Do Feel Like Dancing
“And A Pitcher to Go”
Classic Dusty
Soul Deep
Wow!


No comments: