Monday, August 03, 2015

Prayer of the Week


Compassionate Creator,
Awaken me to your Holy Presence,
to the divinity of all creation,
that I might honor the sacredness of all life.
May all resentment and bitterness within me
be transformed by your Love.

Guide me into wholeness, harmony and balance,
that I may be a peaceful presence.
Let me give witness to your Way of Love,
that others may grow in trust and truth.

Great Awakener, open my heart,
that I may always give thanks and praise
for my life just as it is,
and journey onward with clarity,
courage and commitment.

May I be always open to change
and to your guiding Spirit.
May I risk the unknown
and live into the Mystery.

– Excerpted from Psalm 109
as translated by Nan C. Merrill
in Psalms for Praying: An Invitation to Wholeness
(with additional words by Michael Bayly)


See also the previous Wild Reed posts:
The Source is Within You
I Caught a Glimpse of a God . . .
Prayer and the Experience of God in an Ever-Unfolding Universe
Quote of the Day – November 16, 2011
Sufism: A Call to Awaken
May Balance and Harmony Be Your Aim
Prayer of the Week – November 5, 2013
The Most Sacred and Simple Mystery of All


No comments: