Stimulus checks dropped today. Can't say I'm complaining. But hailing piecemeal socialism from a fascist administration after Bernie Sanders is rejected as too radical for the country is the biggest mindfuck I've experienced in awhile. 🌹
– Phillip Clark
April 15, 2020
April 15, 2020
Related Off-site Links:
Stimulus Checks Are Depositing: Here’s How People Are Spending the Money – Lance Lambert (Fortune, April 15, 2020).
“Disgusting”: Treasury Slows Delivery of 70 Million Covid-19 Stimulus Checks to Put Trump's Name on Them – Jake Johnson (Common Dreams, April 15, 2020).
Nancy Pelosi Calls Trump's Name Appearing on Stimulus Checks “Shameful” – Clare Foran (CNN News, April 15, 2020).
The Working Class, Socialism and the Fight Against the Pandemic – David North (World Socialist Web Site, April 1, 2020).
UPDATE: Small Business Rescue Loan Program Hits $349 Billion Limit and Is Now Out of Money – Thomas Franck and Kate Rogers (CNBC News, April 16, 2020).
See also the previous Wild Reed posts:
• Progressive Perspectives on Bernie Sanders' Suspension of His Presidential Campaign
• Bernie Sanders’ “Revolution” is Ultimately One of Values – the Values of Justice, Hope, and Love
• Quote of the Day – June 12, 2019
• Hope, History, and Bernie Sanders
• Quote of the Day – August 17, 2011
• A Socialist Response to the 2008 Financial Crisis
• Hope and Beauty in the Midst of the Global Coronavirus Pandemic
• A Prayer in Times of a Pandemic
• An Infectious Disease Specialist Weighs-in on Covid-19
Image: Kristen Solberg.