Wednesday, April 22, 2020

It’s You . . .


You come out from nowhere, disappear and reappear
Houdini would be very proud
. . . Feel you in ways I can’t understand
Just tell me I can be your man

I can be anything you want me to be
I just want to love you,
Show you exactly what you mean to me
Buddy, let me love you
Love you now

I’ll never go, I’m frozen, I’m standing here
Won’t move until the day I get you near
Hear me when I say,
You’re the one I want

– Adapted from “Love You
by Maxwell
(from the album BLACKsummer’snight)



See also the previous Wild Reed posts:
The Landscape Is a Mirror
Out and About – Spring 2020
Family Time in Guruk . . . and Glimpses of Somaliland
Somalia Bound
Saaxiib Qurux Badan – July 15, 2019
Saaxiib Qurux Badan – July 14, 2019
Adnan . . . Amidst Mississippi Reflections and Forest Green
Adnan . . . with Sunset Reflections and Jet Trail
Saaxiib Qurux Badan – April 16, 2019
In This In-Between Time
Saaxiib Qurux Badan – March 29, 2019

Images: Saaxiib Qurux Badan (“Beautiful Friend”), Minneapolis, MN – Michael J. Bayly (4/22/20).


No comments: