Sexuality is crucial to God’s design that [we] do not dwell in isolation and loneliness but in communion and community. Through the incarnation, God not only participates in human sexual experiences but God is intrinsically sexual.
– Ng Chin-pang
Taken from Courage To Love: Liturgies for the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Community (compiled by Geoffrey Duncan, Pilgrim Press, 2002) and dedicated to my friend Anthony.
See also the previous Wild Reed posts:
• It Is Not Good to Be Alone
• Making Love, Giving Life
• The Many Manifestations of God’s Loving Embrace
• Trusting God’s Generous Invitation
• Song of Songs: The Bible’s Gay Love Poem
• The “Ratzinger Letter” of 1986 as “Theological Pornography”
• God is Love
• Just Now and Then
• Getting It Right
• Dreaming a Little Dream (on the Dangerous and Delightful Edge)
• Lover of Us All
• Our Memory of Eden
• One Fearless Kiss
• Liberated to Be Together
• It Happens All the Time in Heaven
• Love is Love
• And Love is Lord of All
Image: Subjects and photographer unknown.