With the winter solstice just around the corner, it feels like a good time to look back on the autumn just past with the latest installment of The Wild Reed’s “Out and About” series.
So without further ado, here’s a review of the people, places, and experiences that were most meaningful to me in the autumn of 2022.
Above: With my dear friend Joan – Saturday, October 1, 2023. We’re at a party celebrating our mutual friend John’s birthday.
Back in 2015, Joan accompanied me on a visit back to Australia. For photos and commentary on the wonderful time we shared, click here.
Above: Some of my fellow members of Mercy Hospital’s Palliative Care team – October 4, 2022. We're celebrating our colleague Steph’s birthday. From left: Maddie, Kate, Steph, and Jenna.
Mercy’s Palliative Care team is comprised of incredibly competent and caring health care professionals, and I’m honored to be the interfaith spiritual care provider (or chaplain) on this team. It’s a position I've had since the autumn of 2018.
Above: At La Casita Mexican Restaurant in Coon Rapids with my work colleagues and friends – Wednesday, October 25, 2022.
From left: Kari, Amy, Jenna, Steph, me, Nikki, Maddie, and Kate. . . . Yes, we’re a great team!
Above: I’ve become friends with many wonderful people at Mercy Hospital, including Allan and Aaron who work in the coffee shop.
Above and below: Alan and Aaron perform in an alt-rock band, and I was one lucky guy to get to see them perform on the evening of Thursday, November 12, 2022.
Above: Autumn in Minnesota. For more images of autumn beauty, click here and here.
Above: The celebrations for my 57th birthday got off to an early start with a wonderful breakfast with my friend Abdulrahman at Heal Mpls (Minneapolis) on October 12, 2023.
Above: A visit to the Prayer Tree on my 57th birthday – Sunday, October 23, 2022.
For my special birthday post featuring more photos of the various get-togethers I had with friends, along with a beautiful song by Kiki Dee and Carmelo Luggeri, click here.
Above: Dinner with friends Calvin, Kathleen, and Joseph – November 20, 2022.
Above: My friends Dee and Phil, celebrating Phil’s birthday – December 2, 2022.
Above and below: The arrival of wintry weather – November 29, 2022.
Autumn 2022 Wild Reed posts of note:
• Summer’s Parting Gift
• Ruth Ben-Ghiat on the Return of Fascism in Italy
• Becoming Miracle Workers
• Norman Solomon’s “Objective Look at U.S. Foreign Policy”
• Buffy Sainte-Marie on Indigenous Peoples’ Day: “There’s an Awful Lot of Work Yet to Be Done”
• The State of the COVID Pandemic: “We’re Collectively Walking An Immunity Tightrope”
• Vaccines and GMOs: Two Very Different Debates
• The Autumn Garden
• The Revolution Will Be Televised
• A Great Honor
• An Essential Read Ahead of the Midterms
• Deeper Understandings
• The End Is Not the End
• Marianne Williamson on the Current Condition of the U.S.
• Phyllis Bennis On the Need For a Ceasefire in Ukraine
• Autumnal Thoughts and Visions
• Progressive Perspectives on the U.S. Midterm Election Results
• Brigit Anna McNeill on Hearing the Wild and Natural Call to Go Inwards
• Photo of the Day – November 14, 2022
• Petula Clark: Luminescent at 90
• Jen Perelman: Quote of the Day – November 17, 2022
• Andor: The Star Wars Franchise’s “First Piece of Universally Excellent Television”
• A New Beginning
• Remembering Chadwick
• Christine McVie, 1943–2022
• Chauncey Devega on the Ongoing Danger of the Trump Cult
• Happy Birthday, Mum!
• Rob Sheffield Pays Tribute to the “Peaceful and Stormy at the Same Time” Songs of Christine McVie
• Jeff Foster on the Healing Power of “Holding Space”
• Together Again – Elton John and Kiki Dee
• Dwelling in Peace
• Trust and Surrender
• Judith Butler on the Reactionary Movement and Fascist Trend Opposed to Diverse Ideas About Gender
• Honoring the Darkness While Remembering the Light
See also the previous Wild Reed posts:
• Out and About – Summer 2022
• Out and About – Spring 2022
• Spring . . . Within and Beyond (2022)
• Out and About – Autumn 2021
• Out and About – Summer 2021
• Out and About – Spring 2021
• Out and About – Winter 2020-2021
• Out and About – Autumn 2020
For previous Out and About series, see: 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021 | 2022
Images: Michael J. Bayly.
Post a Comment