Sunday, December 04, 2022

Happy Birthday, Mum!

In Australia today my Mum celebrates her 84th birthday.

Happy Birthday, Mum!


I’ve said it many times before but it’s definitely worth repeating: My brothers and I are very fortunate to have Margaret Anne Bayly (née Sparkes) as our mother. She is a beautiful, wise and strong woman who extends care, kindness and love to everyone she encounters.

I love you, Mum, and can’t thank you enough for who you are and for all you continue to be and give to me, my brothers, our family, and so many others whose lives are fortunate enough to be touched by yours!

Above: Mum celebrating her birthday earlier today in Port Macquarie, Australia. Thanks to my niece Layne for taking this lovely photo.


In celebrating Mum’s birthday over the years at The Wild Reed, I’ve shared quite a number of photos from the Bayly family archives. In fact, I’ve pretty much exhausted my supply. So if you’d like to take a wonderful “trip down memory lane,” as they say, then click on any of the links below. You won’t be disappointed!


See also the previous Wild Reed posts:
Thanks, Mum!
Happy Birthday, Mum (2018)
Happy Birthday, Mum (2017)
Happy Birthday, Mum (2015)
Happy Birthday, Mum (2014)
Happy Birthday, Mum (2013)
Happy Birthday, Mum (2011)
Happy Birthday, Mum (2010)
Happy Birthday, Mum (2009)
Congratulations, Mum and Dad!
Catholic Rainbow (Australian) Parents
Remembering and Celebrating Dad

Image: With Mum at Gingers Creek, New South Wales, Australia – Wednesday, August 14, 2019. This photo was taken during my last visit home to Australia. I had hoped to return again this past August, but circumstances beyond my control prevented that. I plan now to enjoy a month in Australia early next year, perhaps March or April. I’m definitely looking forward to it as it’s been over three years since last I was there. And I know Mum’s looking forward to it as well.


No comments: