Monday, December 12, 2022

Dwelling in Peace


I dwell in peace, knowing God is here and God is good.

Sometimes I search for God, though God is in my mind. Sometimes I wait for truth, though truth is in my heart. Sometimes I allow appearances to obscure the beauty of the world.

But not today. Today I know I need do nothing and I need go nowhere, to experience God’s love. For wherever I am, closer than my breath is God Himself with His arms around me. I am safe and secure in knowing this. I am blessed by what is true.

May I not be tempted by the bleakness of the world to think that God is gone, or lured by the thinking of the world to ever doubt love’s power. God is here, love is real, and I am safe. These things I know and will not forget. And so it is.

Amen.



See also the previous Wild Reed posts:
I Need Do Nothing . . . I Am Open to the Living Light
The Source Is Within You
A Sacred Pause
Aligning With the Living Light
Mystical Participation
Returning the Mind to God
The Beauty and Challenge of Being Present in the Moment
Being the Light
Cultivating Stillness
Inner Peace
Be In My Mind, Beloved One
Your Peace Is With Me, Beloved One
You Are My Goal, Beloved One
All ’Round Me Burdens Seem to Fall
No Other Time, No Other Place
Home To Myself

Image:Self Portrait (12/11/22)” by Michael J. Bayly.


1 comment:

Sue Ann said...

The pic is great – you have an eye for composition. Your faith is very moving and your acceptance peaceful in these turbulent times.