Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Happy Birthday, Layne


In Australia today, my niece, Layne, celebrates her 15th birthday.

Happy Birthday, Layne!

The photos of Layne that accompany this post were taken during my longer-than-expected sojourn back home in Australia (May 2006-January 2007) as I awaited the successful completion of my green card process.

One good thing about being back in Australia for so long was that this time last year I was able to celebrate Layne’s 14th birthday with her and other members of our family. And what a fun event it was!




Above: Layne with Grandma Bayly (my Mum).



As I mentioned in a previous post, one of my New Year’s resolutions is to remember and acknowledge the birthdays of all my wonderful nieces and nephews! I’ve been pretty lousy about doing this in recent years, but that’s the great thing about a new year - you can start afresh.

And so I continue this resolution today by sending beautiful Layne all my love and best wishes for her birthday!


See also the previous Wild Reed posts:
Happy Birthday, Brendan
The Bayly Family - July 2006
A Rabbit’s Tale
An Australian Christmas
Rainbow Catholic (Australian) Parents


2 comments:

Terry Nelson said...

Cool photos - thanks. It is so amazing how no matter what continent - we are all so exactly the same.

Anonymous said...

Hey Mike,

Thnx for putting some info on your blog bout me.

Well you should call us again so i can inform u of my holiday to Hawaii and i'll send you some pics of grandma, Rory and I on a volcano.

lol... well talk soon.

xox
luv

Layne