Please take my past and take my future.
Transform them both
through the miracle of Your power
into healing energies of Love
and Love only.
May I know this present moment
as You would have me know it.
May I see only You in everyone and everything
so that I may be transformed by Your Love,
lifted up by Your Love, given joy by Your Love,
and made new by Your Love.
Release me from my past
and deliver me to my future.
In You I trust; nothing else sets me free.
In You I have faith; nothing else sustains me.
And so it is that I am where I belong,
within the transforming power of Your Love.
I am home. May I feel this and be at peace.
Adapted by Michael Bayly from a prayer by Marianne Williamson in her book, Illuminata: Thoughts, Prayers, Rites of Passage (1994).
Images: Calvin Royal III. (Source)
See also the previous Wild Reed posts:
• A New Day
• A Prayer for the Moment Between
• Move Us, Loving God
• Andrew Harvey on Radical, Divine Passion in Action
• To Dance
• And As We Dance
• A Prayer for Dancers
• Not Whether We Dance, But How
• "I Came Alive with Hope"
• Aristotle Papanikolaou on How Being Religious is Like Being a Dancer
• The Art of Dancing as the Supreme Symbol of the Spiritual Life
• The Soul of a Dancer