Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Out and About - September 2009


Above and right: On the afternoon and evening of Thursday, September 3, my friend Kathleen and I took in the sights, sounds, and tastes of the Minnesota State Fair.

For more images and commentary on our time at the “Great Minnesota Get-Together,” click here.



Above and left: On the evening of September 5 I accompanied my friends Kathleen and Joey to the banks of the Mississippi River in Minneapolis.

For more images of our “river walk,” click here.









Above: With my friend Phil in Northfield, MN - Sunday, September 12, 2009.

I accompanied Phil and his parents to Northfield for the town’s annual “Defeat of Jesse James Days” celebration (right).

For more images and commentary on this event, click here.






Above: Standing at right with Fr. Robert Caruso and his partner John Webster - Saturday, September 19, 2009.

Robert had just delivered an informative lecture on Old Catholicism. For more images of this event and to read an excerpt from Robert’s recently released book, The Old Catholic Church: Understanding the Origin, Essence, and Theology of a Church that is Unknown and Misunderstood by Many in North America, click here.



Above: With (from left) John, Robert, and Rick - who, along with our friend Brian - gathered on the evening of Sunday, September 20, to watch the broadcast of the 61st Primetime Emmy Awards.

It was a fun night, though I was somewhat pissed off that my favorite TV show, True Blood, was pretty much snubbed.



Above: On Sunday, September 27, we experienced our first evening of real fall weather here in the Twin Cities. Yes, it was cold, dark, and windy: the perfect night to enjoy a hot roast dinner! And I did so with Phil and members of his family. It was lovely.



Above and below: Tuesday, September 29, was not only Michaelmas, but the birthday of my dear friend Brigid McDonald, CSJ (second from right). Our friends Theresa O’Brien, CSJ (second from left), and Rita O’Brien, CSJ (right) had also recently celebrated their birthdays. Accordingly, I hosted a little party for the three of them at my home.



Above: With my friend Jane McDonald, CSJ - Tuesday, September 29, 2009.



Above: My friends Brian, Kathleen, and Rick - September 29, 2009.



Above: My friends David McCaffrey and Rita McDonald, CSJ.

As I’ve mentioned previously, Rita and Margeurite Corcoran, CSJ (left) were my “companions” during my journey to becoming a CSJ consociate.









Above: Jane, Kathleen, and Colleen.





Above: Autumn comes to the Twin Cities.

For more images of my “September garden,” click here.

2 comments:

Mareczku said...

Thanks for sharing those beautiful pictures. God bless you, Michael.

Peace & Love - Mark

Michael J. Bayly said...

Thanks, Mark.

God's blessings on you too.

Peace,

Michael