Sunday, October 17, 2010

The Beauty of Autumn in Minnesota


I like spring, but it is too young. I like summer, but it is too proud. So I like best of all autumn, because its tone is mellower, its colours are richer, and it is tinged with a little sorrow. Its golden richness speaks not of the innocence of spring, nor the power of summer, but of the mellowness and kindly wisdom of approaching age. It knows the limitations of life and it’s content.

– Lin Yutang













Images: Michael J. Bayly


See also the previous Wild Reed posts:
Photo of the Day – October 5, 2010
Autumn Hues (2009)
Trempealeau
Rainy October Afternoon (2008)
Out and About – September 2007


4 comments:

Mareczku said...

Thank you for sharing the beautiful autumn pictures. Our leaves are very pretty here also. Don't know if I'm ready for snow yet but I am enjoying the foliage.

poodletail said...

Lovely photos, Michael.

I won't miss summer, winter, or even spring in MN. I will definitely miss autumn.

Mareczku said...

Summer in Minnesota must be pleasant though as it surely isn't as hot and humid as it is here in PA. Plus it probably stays light a little longer, but then you have to pay for it in the winter. I probably wouldn't want your winters as it gets cold enough here for me.

Unknown said...

great pictures Michael. nature in her glory.