Thursday, June 24, 2021

A Light in the Attic


There’s a light on in the attic . . .



Though the house is dark and shuttered,
I can see a glowing warmth . . .



And I know what it’s about . . .

The light in your
smiling eyes

as you let your kurta
fall to the floor

and tell me
I’ve had your heart
all along.



NEXT:
Blue Yonder


See also the related Wild Reed posts:
“There’s Light in Love, You See”
What We Crave
The Color of Love
Skylight
“So You Can Only See Beautiful Things”
November Musings
Saaxiib Qurux Badan – November 18, 2020
Today I Will Be Still
Morning Light
It’s You
The Landscape Is a Mirror
Out and About – Spring 2020
Somalia Bound
Saaxiib Qurux Badan – July 14, 2019
Mississippi Reflections and Forest Green
Sunset Reflections and Vapour Trail
In This In-Between Time
My Love, “Return to the Root of the Root of Your Own Soul”
In Too Deep: Saaxiib Qurux Badan – April 16, 2019
Tender and True: Saaxiib Qurux Badan – March 29, 2019

Images: Saaxiib Qurux Badan (“Beautiful Friend”), Minneapolis, MN – Michael J. Bayly (4/24/21).


No comments: